Low Carb-Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Happy Wednesday! I get tons of questions about people being stumped on what meals to eat during the week, therefore I’ve decided I’m going to start posting “Recipe of The Week” meals weekly to help make eating healthy easier, taste better and less grueling. If you’re anything like me, pizza is your go to cheat meal. BUT look no further, I’ve discovered a way to enjoy your favorite cheat meal during week days to fit perfectly in your macros. This way you can eat a slice of pizza without feeling guilty while doing it. Keep reading to see how to make this yummy recipe as well as the macros listed below!
- 1 egg
- 3 mini bell peppers
- 1/2 tomato
- Low moisture part skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz chicken
- Sun dried tomato pesto sauce
- 1/2 medium cauliflower head
- Spices: garlic powder, parsley, chives, black pepper
- 1 jalapeno
Step 1: Grind 1/2 Cauliflower Head
- With a 1/2 medium cauliflower head, pull apart cauliflower (remove stalks if you want) and grind in a food processor until cauliflower looks like rice almost.
Step 2: Add Ingredients to Grinded Cauliflower
2. You can steam the grinded up cauliflower to make it softer or skip this step (we put bowl inside of bigger bowl and put lid on and steamed for 3-5 minutes) after steaming add 1 egg, 3/4 cup of cheese and preferred spices (garlic powder, chives, black pepper, parsley) and mix in a bowl. Pat cauliflower mix into a pizza shaped crust.
Step 3: Bake Crust-450 degrees for 10 minutes
3. Cauliflower is very moist containing a lot of water, to remove some of this moisture from the crust in order for it to stay together better, bake crust in the oven at 450 degrees for 10 minutes before putting toppings on to remove moisture. You can also pat mixture with paper towel after adding it to a pan.
Step 4: Add Toppings To Crust
4. You can add whatever toppings you prefer! For a tomato sauce alternative I used a sun dried tomato pesto sauce for the base of the pizza. Then I added 1/2 tomato, 4 oz chopped chicken, 3/4 cup of low moisture part skim mozzarella cheese, 1 jalapeño, 3 mini bell peppers for toppings.
Step 5: Bake Pizza in Oven at 450 degrees for 15-25 min
5. After adding your toppings bake your pizza in the oven at 450 degrees for 15-25 minutes until you see a golden brown crust or however crispy you like it. Since cauliflower does contain a lot of moisture it tends to break apart easier, so if you want to avoid this I definitely recommend letting it cook for longer for the moisture to evaporate.
Step 6: Take Out of the Oven and Enjoy!!
I loved this recipe SO much. If you have cravings more often try out this recipe. It isn’t Papa Johns or Pizza Hut but it will do the trick until your next cheat meal! So satisfying and filling! Cauliflower takes on the taste of things it is mixed with therefore it tastes SO amazing with all of these great ingredients. This recipe takes maybe an hour to make containing low costing ingredients to fulfill it.
I went to the extreme for my people out there that want to add this to their macros and know the exact number of protein, carbs, fat, as well as calories in this recipe. With the recipe I completed the macros in 1 slice of pizza is……drum roll please….
159 Calories, 7g Carbs, 16g Protein, 9g Fat
Not bad at all!!! Low carb, high protein amazing tasting alternative for pizza! Try it out and let me know how you like it. Thanks for reading.